Sunday, October 7, 2007

Homecoming...

So, there's not a whole lot new going on. Last week was homecoming and it was crazy with assemblies and tailgate parties. The key club sold funnel cake, which is a lot of fun and we get good business, but it sure makes a mess!!

Things at work are pretty good. They decided to cancel all the Guidance classes (kind of like study hall for special ed.), so now I co-teach 3 biology classes and 3 principles of science classes (Freshman!!) My supervisor is trying to get me into a training to become a Special Education Instructional Facilitator. The classes are full, but she really wants someone at our school to be prepared. Our current SEIF is really struggling and there are rumors of a major illness with his wife, so we want to be prepared. It's more of an office job, dealing with all the IEP's and all the special ed. students in the school. It would be something of a promotion, but I don't think there's a pay raise. I would be sad to not be in the classroom anymore, but I was thinking about going that direction in 5-10 years anyway, so why not now?

My Master's classes are keeping me pretty busy. There's a ton of reading and it's all from crazy science and education journals that use lots of words I don't understand. Right now I'm just hoping to make it through this semester!

1 comment:

Curios George's said...

Wow what a great opportunity!!!! I cant wait for you to come out here for Thanksgiving!