Thanks to Kathy, I now have the complete set of Grandma's maple leaf dishes. I brought most of them back to Utah with me a few years ago (or so I thought), but when I opened all the boxes, I realized there was a lot of stuff not there. Kathy found the missing boxes (about 5) and managed to ship them out to me. Apparently the guys at UPS were under the impression that they all needed to be shipped together, because when I got home today there was a very large box in front of my door that weighed 86 pounds!! (I have no idea how they got it up the stairs, but I'm sure glad I didn't have to do it!) Anyway, I now have the largest set of dishes I have ever seen. There's even a lot of stuff that I'm not sure what it's for! Only one large bowl was tragically lost in the shipping. I also now have enough packing material to last a life time. Maybe I can use the packing peanuts for a science lesson...
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Thank you Kathy!!
Thanks to Kathy, I now have the complete set of Grandma's maple leaf dishes. I brought most of them back to Utah with me a few years ago (or so I thought), but when I opened all the boxes, I realized there was a lot of stuff not there. Kathy found the missing boxes (about 5) and managed to ship them out to me. Apparently the guys at UPS were under the impression that they all needed to be shipped together, because when I got home today there was a very large box in front of my door that weighed 86 pounds!! (I have no idea how they got it up the stairs, but I'm sure glad I didn't have to do it!) Anyway, I now have the largest set of dishes I have ever seen. There's even a lot of stuff that I'm not sure what it's for! Only one large bowl was tragically lost in the shipping. I also now have enough packing material to last a life time. Maybe I can use the packing peanuts for a science lesson...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment