
I spent the 4th of July with Rick and Holy. We decided to go watch the fireworks at the last minute. Although we had many casinos to choose from, we decided to watch the ones at Texas station because it was the closest to our house. While driving there, we saw that they were having a party on the roof of the parking garage of the casino across the street, so we went there. It was pretty crazy, kind of like a neighborhood block party on steroids.
We actually had a nice 360 degree view of all the illegal fireworks going off across the city. It was like a show all by itself. At 9 p.m. Texas station turned out their lights
and started the show, complete with music provided by a local radio station. The fireworks were so close! A couple pieces actually landed on our parking garage and people had to jump out of the way!
The next day I got kind of bored, which usually happens when Joe is out of town (he's in Ireland.) I decided to work on my cupcake skills. I haven't made any for a while, but had fun with it anyway. I made corn in honor of Rick, who apparently likes to eat corn every other day! I think they turned out pretty well. I wound up giving the other "ear" to my friend Donita who just had surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment