I have always been a little afraid of sushi - I don't exactly like eating raw things, or cold rice. But I told myself I would try it for Brian's sake. It was actually pretty good. I only ate one piece that had raw salmon on it, but everything else was good. I think my favorite was some kind of california roll with a sweet chili sauce on it. After the sushi adventure, we decided to hit up downtown Vancouver, WA. It was very small, or quaint, but Brian and Kami introduced me to their new hobby, antiquing. It was fun to imagine ways to use all the old items. We also stopped at a store called Pop Culture. I think it's popular at night for concerts and such, but they sell an amazing assortment of soda in bottles. Brian had a pomegranate soda, Kami had some sort of blue cream soda, while I stuck with a good ole Harry Weinhart's cream soda. Delicious!After touring downtown, we headed over to Portland and hit up OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. I have loved this place since I was a little kid. Sadly I did not take any pictures. They had an amazing Einstein exhibit going on and I was thoroughly impressed. A lot of the other exhibits are geared a little too young for me to enjoy anymore, but it was fun going down memory lane. After OMSI, we headed back to their apartment to watch some Fraggle Rock. Brian also decided to cook up some oysters he had gotten. In case you've never seen one, this is what they look like in the shell. Usually when you buy them they've already been shucked. They're not very appetizing still in the shell...
Here's a picture of Brian cleaning out the oysters...
The adventures continued when I got back to Kat's that night. Apparently one of the chickens got out of the coup and Michael and Kat were running around trying to catch it. It was hilarious! 

They did eventually catch the chicken, and duct tapped the coup so it couldn't get out again. Those were the highlights of the vacation. Now I'm back in Vegas dealing with another round of tonsillitis (the second round this month!) I'm working on getting some work projects done and getting a gym routine established. I'm also registering for classes at UNLV in the fall to finish up my master's degree and looking at administration programs for the next year. It's gonna be a busy year, so I'm relaxing while I can!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're going to finish up your master's degree. I haven't seen an oyster since I was a teenager - memories!
Post a Comment