Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random Sightings...

So, the other day I was helping my friend Joe show some friends around downtown. We decided to hit some of our favorite spots, starting with the conservatory at the Belaggio. Apparently there's some sort of new trend for people to dress up and pose for pictures outside at the fountains. While we were there we saw the Blues Brothers, two Elvis impersonators, two members of KISS, two showgirls, the Mad Hatter, and an Angel and Devil pair. I don't know if these people have regular jobs or if they are trying to make some money in this economy. All these impersonators just started showing up last year. After the fountains we went over to Serendipity for a little frozen hot chocolate, which may be the best invention ever. I saw the guy making it, so I'm thinking I can figure out how to make it at home. We also went over to Fremont Street to watch the show. There we saw a Darth Vader and a Zorro. I think these guys put a little more thought into the whole costume thing. Darth Vader had a couple light sabers so that people could pose fighting him. Zorro also had a couple swords for the same reason. I actually think these people are pretty smart, because where else do you find so many tourists and have a shot at making decent tip money for this kind of thing? You gotta love Las Vegas!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wha? No pics?

Sluggie said...

I didn't have tip money for that many pics! I took one pic of the KISS guys, but it turned out blurry.