The holiday season went pretty well. I took Joe to the church Christmas party, which was actually pretty nice. Rick choreographed a dance number for part, and Holly sang a duet. All in all it was fun. Of course, Rick and Holly had to squash a lot of rumors about me and Joe, but I guess that's what I get for bringing a friend to a church function.
I went to Ohio for Christmas, but typical me, did not take many pictures. We flew through Minneapolis on the way there and were fortunate to not have any weather issues. We went to the Columbus Zoo one night and it was amazing to see all the lights! My favorite were the "blue herons," which Rick might be the only one to remember why I laugh at that phrase. We were able to see a lot of the animals, too, so that was nice.
It was a pretty quiet holiday, mostly spent with Joe's family. We did get up to Cincinnati to see his 'sisters' and went to visit Ohio University on another day. When we got back to Vegas we had a wrestling tournament for a few days. I am now pretty good at score keeping and yelling basic commands. I don't think the wrestlers can hear through their headgear anyway.
New Years was pretty quiet as well. We were originally going to go downtown with the principal, but those plans fell through. So, Joe and I watched movies and had a new year's cookie!
School started up this week, but UNLV hasn't started yet so I've got some free time. I spend most of it at wrestling practices and matches! I had the opportunity to go on a field trip yesterday to the Getty Villa in Malibu. Except for some issues with the bus, it was amazing! The building and surroundings are set up like a true Roman Villa. It's a museum with mostly Greek and Roman antiquities, but I was most impressed with the gardens. There were several, including an herb garden, to make it feel more real, like a real Roman villa.
I liked this one because it was all about wrestling!
Me, Donita and Patty hanging out on the field trip.
This is me with our principal, Ms. Angelcor.After the Getty Villa, we went across the street and spent a little while at the beach. It was a little chilly, but I still love the ocean...

That's about it for now. UNLV starts up next week, so I'll probably be pretty busy between that, work and wrestling season. Hopefully no other major events come along!












1 comment:
we do need to go to the gette villa!
Post a Comment