Sunday, September 9, 2007

I feel like Jonah

So, I gave my first talk in the new ward today. Mary and I both had to speak on commitment to callings, she using Paul and I was to use Jonah. Everything went pretty well and the ward is actually starting to feel ok. My new calling is to be the ward chorister, so I started that today, too. The organist is kind of odd, and she plays pretty slow. After sacrament meeting my arm was tired from holding it up for so long! She also seems to pick songs that nobody knows. In the four weeks we've been here, I have only been familiar with one song!! I asked about picking some songs, and she told me that she already has the songs picked for the rest of the year. Oh well.

Also at church today was a very creepy guy that Mary met at a dance the first week we were here. He's not in our ward, but apparently he ward hops to meet girls. He tried to corner me after church, but Mary saved me. I really hate it when boys are like that!

No comments: